Moving to Newmarket
Newmarket apartments and housing rentals
For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers page.
This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Newmarket Canada, not just those looking for Newmarket apartments.
Town of Newmarket, (905) 895-5193
How to contact your Town of Newmarket Mayor and Councillors
Town of Newmarket By-laws
Regional Municipality of York, 17250 Yonge Street, Newmarket, 905-895-1231
York Region by-laws
The Newmarket Property Standards, Section 4.7 reads:
If your heat is not maintained at least at those temperatures, then first complain to your landlord, then you can call the Town of Newmarket,
either your Councillor or a bylaw inspector, regarding apartment heat by calling (905) 895-5193.
Every dwelling and every dwelling unit shall be provided with a heating system capable of maintaining a room
temperature of 21 degrees C (70 degrees F) at 1.5 metres (5 feet) above the floor level in all habitable rooms, bathrooms and toilet rooms.
Newmarket Snow Removal Information. Remember that
the fine for not removing the snow and ice within 24 is $245.
Newmarket garbage and recycling information.
York Region household hazardous waste and recycling depot,
225 Garfield Wright Blvd., off of Bales Drive, north off Davis Drive, east of Woodbine Avenue, East Gwillimbury. Tuesdays 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Saturdays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
for proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents,
- Service Ontario Information Centre, Unit C9, 17480 Yonge Street, Newmarket, L3Y 8A9, General Inquiry: 905-895-5009, Health Card Inquiry: 1-888-376-5197, Driver & Vehicle Inquiry: 1-800-387-3445
- Landlord and Tenant Board, 1-888-332-3234
- Service Canada Centre, 1-18183 Yonge Street, East Gwillimbury, L9N 0H9, Toll-free: 1-800-622-6232
- Be WebAware, for Parents to keep your children safe when on the Internet
- Catholic Community Services of York Region , 21 Dunlop St, Richmond Hill, L4C 2M6, 905-770-7040
- Family Services York Region - Newmarket, 1091 Gorham St, Suite 300, Newmarket, L3Y 8X7,, 905-895-2371, or Toll-free: 1-888-223-3999
- Job Skills, 130 Davis Dr, Unit 14, Newmarket, L3Y 2N1, 905-898-5138 or Toll-free: 1-866-592-6278
- United Way of York Region
- Welcome Centre Immigrant Services, 16655 Yonge Street, Unit #26, Newmarket, L3X 1V6, 289-841-3032 or Toll-free: 1-877-761-1155
Aurora Food Pantry, 350 Industrial Pkwy S, Aurora, ON L4G 3V7, 905-841-1577
Humanity First, (Delivers non-perishable food items to restricted needy who cannot reach the Food Bank), 416-440-0346 ext 2
Newmarket Food Pantry, 171 Main St S, Unit 8, Newmarket, L3Y 3Y9, 905-895-6823
General information about emergency shelters: 1-888-256-1112
Leeder Place Family Shelter, (maximum length of stay is 4 weeks), 905-898-1015 or Toll-free: 1-888-554-5525
Porter Place Men's Shelter, (maximum stay is 4 weeks), 905-898-1015, or Toll-free: 1-888-554-5525
Sandgate Women's Shelter, 905-722-3220 or Toll-free: 1-800-661-8294
Sutton Youth Multi-Service Centre, (run by The Salvation Army), 905-722-9076 or Toll-free: 1-877-972-0898
Yellow Brick House, (women's shelter,) Aurora, 905-727-1944 and Toll-free Crisis Line: 1-800-263-3247
York Region Youth Shelter, (maximum length of say 4 month) for makes between 16 and 26, 905-898-1015, or Toll-free: 1-888-554-5525
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 for health advice over the phone
Southlake Regional Health Centre, 596 Davis Drive, Newmarket, (905) 895-4521
Doctor Search, a service provided by the
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario